Tutorial #3 - Power unit assembly
I don't want to delay you with long readings, so I'll use pictures a lot and point you out important things. It's easy, let's get to it. If necessary, you can watch the video. You will find the whole assembly procedure there.
Assembly takes about 55 minutes.
At this tutorial we will assemble Power unit. It's rear part of the Vitulus robot that contain battery, power module, etc.
First, make sure you have all the necessary parts.
- Printed parts - download STL files Power unit
- Printed parts - download STL files Supports
- 2pcs - Assembled Wheel unit ( Tutorial #1 )
- 19pcs - M3x16 screw
- 2pcs - M3x30 screw
- 25pcs - M3x1.6 square nut
- 8pcs - M3x25 screw
- 20pcs - 3.2 x 9 mm pad
- 16pcs - M3 nut self-lock PA
- 4pcs - M3x8 nut (Hex stand-off)
- 16pcs - 3.2 mm serrated lock washer
- 2pcs - M3x215 mm threaded rod
- 6pcs - M3x425 mm threaded rod
- 1pce - XT60 female
- 1pce - XT60 PCB - download EasyEda source files
- 30 cm - 16 AWG two lines wire
- 1pce - Emergency button 10 A
- 1pce - Power switch 16 mm with LED
- 1pce - fan Noctua NF-A4x10 5V PWM Manufacturer
- 1pce - 25 mm 3M Dual Lock reclosable fastener
Assemble the wheel units and Power unit body. I don't mention this in details. It's the same as assembly of Main unit support in tutorial nr. 2. Please follow the steps 4, 5, 6 in tutorial nr. 2.
Wheel units and body assembled
Assemble the cover nuts. Follow the pictures and insert the M3 squared nuts into holes. Once the nuts are inserted, fix them by silicone sealant (or use something similar).
Follow the images and stick the 25 mm 3M Dual Lock reclosable fastener for battery and USB hub.
Stick the fasteners
Assemble tail with power connector. Solder XT60 connector and wires into the PCB. Use heat shrink tubing on contacts for isolation. Insert M3 squared nuts into the tail. Insert the connector into the plug and fix it by pad. Then put the plug into the tail body and fix it by two M3x30 screws.
Tail with power connector
Assemble the tail into the Power unit. Follow the images and insert the M3 squared nuts into the holes. Insert the cable thru the hole and put the tail at the Power unit body. Use the four pieces of M3x16 screws to fix the tail.
Assemble the tail into the Power unit
Assembly Noctua NF-A4x10 5V PWM fan into the Power unit body. Follow the images bellow for fan placement and orientation. Use the four M3x25 screws, big washers and self lock nuts to fit the fan. Tighten gently.
Follow the images and mount the switches. On emergency switch use printed pad. For the cover use M3x16 screws. For the letters on the top cover use super glue to fit them on their places.